Welcome to our website. This site is maintained as a service to our customers. By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this site. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION CLAUSE, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES AND A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
1. Agreement. This Agreement (“the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of this website and the website you linked from (collectively the “Site”) and describes the terms and conditions applicable to your access of and use of the Site. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Hive Media Group LLC (hereafter “Hive Media”) upon posting of the modified agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at www.hivemedia.com/terms/ . Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
3. Ownership. All content included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Hive Media Group LLC or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this site.
4. Intended Audience. This website is intended for adults only. This website is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
5. Trademarks. Some of the company and product names used on this Site are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Hive Media. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Site Use. Hive Media grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this website is at the discretion of Hive Media and Hive Media may terminate your use of this website at any time.
7. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the website. You further agreed that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Hive Media and our partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. HIVE MEDIA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF: MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
10. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HIVE MEDIA BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ASIDE FROM ANY APPLICABLE REIMBURSEMENT OF THE ARBITRATION FEE DISCUSSED BELOW, YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
12. User Generated Content. You grant us a license to use any materials you post to our Site, if applicable. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content ("User Content") to our Site, you are granting us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the internet business of us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that we may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on our Website, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
13. Restrictions on User Generated Content. You agree not to display, perform, transmit, upload, download, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, "Materials") in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Materials you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your username. You agree not to display, perform, transmit, upload, download, or otherwise distribute any Materials that (a) are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; (b) advocate or encourage conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; or (c) advertise or otherwise solicit funds or are a solicitation for goods or services. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from our servers. We will cooperate with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of this Agreement or of any applicable laws.
14. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice containing all of the following information to our Copyright Agent:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(d) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is Shannon Koehler, who can be reached as follows:
Hive Media Group LLC
Attn: Legal Department
1345 Encinitas Blvd, #828
Encinitas, CA 92024
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Third Party Websites. We work with a number of partners and affiliates whose internet sites may be linked with our Site. We have no control over and no liability for any third party websites or materials and therefor we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of the information provided by such sites, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content that may reside on those sites. You acknowledge and agree that we make no guarantees about, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of this third party content, and that, unless expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement shall govern your use of any and all third party content.
16. Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern these Terms and Condition of Use and any dispute that may arise between you and Hive Media or its affiliates.
a. Predispute Notification and Mediation. This Agreement provides for final, binding arbitration of all disputed claims (discussed immediately below). We and you agree, however, that it would be advantageous to discuss and hopefully resolve any disputes before arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein are initiated. In the event of a dispute, you shall send a notice to us briefly summarizing the claim and the request for relief to the following email address: email@example.com . If the dispute is not resolved within 60 days after notice is sent, you may proceed to initiate arbitration proceedings or any other proceedings authorized herein.
b. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. Except to the limited extent noted below, any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of our Website shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures (collectively, the “Rules”). In the event of any conflict between the Rules and this Agreement, this Agreement shall govern.
Unless either party or the arbitrator requests a hearing, the parties will submit their arguments and evidence to the arbitrator in writing. The arbitrator will make an award based only on those documents. This is called a Desk Arbitration. If any party makes a written request for a hearing within 10 days after the American Arbitration Association acknowledges receipt of a claimant’s demand for arbitration (or the arbitrator requests a hearing), the parties shall participate in a telephone hearing. In no event shall any party be required to travel in order to participate in the arbitration.
If you decide to initiate arbitration, the American Arbitration Association will require you to pay an initial filing fee. Currently, this fee is $750 for claims under $75,000. If your filing fee is more than $750, we will reimburse you for any excess fee promptly after we receive notice of your arbitration. If the arbitrator ultimately rules in your favor, we will also reimburse you for the $750 initial filing fee.
This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and is enforceable pursuant to its terms on a self-executing basis. Either party may seek enforcement of this provision in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall determine any and all challenges to the arbitrability of a claim.
Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, and with the exception of Desk Arbitrations, the Federal Rules of Evidence shall govern the admissibility of evidence in any arbitral proceeding.
The arbitral award shall be judicially enforceable. Any court of competent jurisdiction may, and upon request shall, enter judgment on the arbitral award. Either party may seek confirmation (judgment on the award) and/or enforcement of the award in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitrator(s) shall not have the power to commit errors of law or legal reasoning, make clearly erroneous factual findings, or abuse his or her discretion, and the award may be vacated or corrected on appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction for any such error.
Both you and we waive the right to bring any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the claims of different persons into one proceeding.
If a proposed class, mass, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action is initiated notwithstanding the above prohibition and it is finally determined by the arbitrator (or a court of competent jurisdiction) that the waiver specified herein is not enforceable, then the arbitration proceedings shall be bifurcated as follows and notwithstanding any provision in the Rules to the contrary: (1) The issue of arbitrability shall be determined by the arbitrator pursuant to the applicable rules and substantive law. (2) Assuming the arbitrator concludes that the arbitration may proceed, said arbitration shall be stayed, and the issue of whether to certify any alleged or putative class for a class action (or other representative) proceeding shall be presented to and decided by a court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall not have authority or jurisdiction to decide class certification (or any similar representative action) issues. The decision to certify or not certify a class action (or to otherwise permit the action to proceed on a representative basis) shall be appealable in the judicial proceedings consistent with the rules and law governing the appeals of interlocutory decisions or class certification (or similar) rulings specifically, if appropriate. (3) Once any issues regarding class certification (and/or similar representative requirements) have been finally decided by the court, the arbitrator will have authority to decide the substantive claims on an individual or a class (or other representative) basis, as may be determined and directed by the court.
c. How to Opt Out of the Arbitration Clause and Class Action Waiver. You may elect to opt out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding arbitration procedure and the class action waiver specified in this Agreement by doing the following: Within 30 days of signing up or first visiting our Site, or submitting information to our Site, whichever occurs first, you must send a notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that specifies (1) your name, (2) your mailing address and email address, and (3) your request to be excluded from the final, binding arbitration procedure and class action waiver specified in this Agreement. All other terms shall continue to apply, including the requirement to pre-dispute notification and mediation. Your notice must be received by the applicable 30-day deadline to be effective.
18. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
19. Termination. Hive Media may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, for any reason.
20. Contact us at the following email address: email@example.com
2 days ago