We're always told how important it really is to train our dogs, but what exactly is canine training and why is it so important anyway?
The following list explains why it can be absolutely vital that we provide proper socialization and training to canine friends.
Please read these 5 undeniable reasons why we owe it to the dogs to train them:
1. Dog training helps to build and strengthen a proper and productive relationship along with your dog.
- Canine training opens up the lines of communication between you and the dog. A real type of two way communication is made through positive non violent proper dog training. You and your dog will become familiar with to interact with each other in a mutually respectful manner, according to co-operation and understanding.
- A nicely socialized and trained dog can become a fantastic life-long companion, work mate and friend. An untrained dog can easily become a burden and an endless source of frustration. Instead of having a lopsided relationship what your location is continually yelling at or reprimanding your untrained dog, why don't you set your dog around succeed by providing some leadership and clear guidelines for him/her to adhere to? siehe hier
- A trained dog can be a well respected and trusted part of society who is welcomed almost anywhere. How's that for a positive thing for the relationship doesn't it?
2. Training prevents many common "dog problems" from ever arising.
- An entire range of common dog behavior problems may be prevented through some dog obedience training. Dogs are creatures of habit so why wouldn't you use this to your advantage by helping your puppy to develop good behavior habits from an early on age? If you are proactive and hang up up some simple guidelines and routines on your puppy to follow you will never have to deal with destructive behaviors for example digging, chewing, excessive barking as well as separation anxiety.
- Each time a so called behavior problem does arise both you and your trained dog will be well equipped to exercise it. You will be able to clearly communicate to your dog the behavior is unacceptable. Maybe you might even choose to get your dog to execute an alternate behavior as opposed to the existing problem. An illustration of this this would be if your dog was up surfing your counter tops for food scraps you can get him/her to "go to your spot" instead.
- Nearly all "bad dogs" or dogs with behavior problems eventuate because the dog has never been taught better. A dog does not chew your expensive shoes to get back at you or because he/she is evil. They are doing it simply because you left the shoe lying around with a bored and stressed dog. Probably if you provided a tasty chew toy and did some chew toy training your dog would be delighted to chew on the toy only.
- A professional dog is also a pleasure to take for a walk (no pulling!) and trips to your Vet or Dog Groomer aren't a problem.
3. Teaching your dog is a necessary safety measure for you, your dog and anything that comes into contact with your pet.
- Having your dog under voice control in a situation is a very reassuring position to be - it may even save your dog's life some day. If your dog will bolt out onto a lively road or pick-up something dangerous it is always good to be able to immediately intervene and change their behavior with the obedience training command such as "no", "come" or "leave it".
- A nicely socialized and trained dog is often a much safer proposition around other dogs and animals. Proper dog training plays a crucial role in educating your canine how to act appropriately around yourself, your children and visitors to your house.
4. A trained dog is confident, secure and cozy with his/her place in all your family members.
- A well trained dog appreciates the guidance, structure and boundaries you provide through training. It's miles better than having a nervous, anxious and confused dog that is continually being yelled at for things he/she doesn't even understand. Training relieves a lot of the frustration and stress that exists between you and the dog.
- Training arranges proper household etiquette on your dog to follow. It addresses such issues as bolting out your front door, chewing, jumping through to guests and excessive barking.
- Canine training provides a brilliant release or outlet for the dog's pent up energy. This energy must come out in one way or another so why not channel it into something productive like obedience training?
5. A trained dog's life has a far different road to that of an untrained dog.
- Most dogs that find themselves in animal shelters arrive there since they have at least one behavior problem - many of these problems can be easily controlled through some fundamental obedience training. Untrained dogs often turned into a pest and are pushed further and additional away from the family. This naturally only compounds the prevailing problems. Behaviors for example jumping up, mouthing and cheeky barking that you simply considered to be cute within your young puppy suddenly turn into a real problem since the dog grows up.
- When we bring a new dog into our lives we are bringing a different species into a world that's completely foreign to them - our human world. We owe it to dogs to help them fit into our way of life by clearly showing them precisely what is expected of them and what's acceptable behavior - this is what dog training provides.