We know what you're thinking — once July comes to a close, summer's on its way out. We believe in making the most of good times, though, which is why we're holding onto summer with a vengeance and continuing forth with more tunes for your sunny days. This time around, we've asked Young Statues
' Carmen Cirignano
to share his 10 favorite summer songs with us, and he's responded with a list that spans genres and generations. From the Beatles and Tom Petty to Annuals and LCD Soundsytem, this list has a little something for everyone. Check it out, spin YS's own summer-worthy tune "Pretty Girls Make Raves" and grab their self-titled album via iTunes
now. 1. Ryan Adams' "To Be Young": I relate a lot to this song looking back on the summers I spent toward the end of high school. Listening to it takes me back to that time a little bit, and it's just a fun, upbeat song. Perfect for a good summer barbecue.
2. The Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun": George Harrison is my musical hero. What better song for a beautiful summer day?
3. LCD Soundsystem's "All My Friends": A song that hits me in a good way. Whenever I hear it, I tend to reflect on a lot of good memories.
4. Annuals' "Hot Night Hounds": A highly underrated band in my opinion. I love the percussion in this song.
5. Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How It Feels": The entire Tom Petty discography can be considered summer songs for me, but this is one of my favorites — very relaxed and just enjoyable to listen to.
6. Bruce Springsteen's "Rosalita": Such a classic song that reminds me of the summers growing up at the beach in South Jersey. (Not the same beach frequented by Snooki and crew!)
7. Mew's "Beach": This song reminds me of just what it references — the beach. Even if it isn't summer, this song makes it feel like it is.
8. Jimmy Eat World's "A Praise Chorus": Just one of my favorite songs that always seems to put me in a good mood. This whole record has a summer vibe to it for me.
9. James Taylor's "Mexico": One of the more soothing voices ever, singing about a tropical place in Mexico — seems fitting for summer, right?
10. Biz Markie's "Just A Friend": This is a fun song that tends to make everyone listening to it smile. A good tune for a beach day playlist.