With their breezy acoustics and reggae-hop infused melodies, it's safe to say that Dirty Heads
are near authority sources when it comes to music custom made for summer. And while we all love a good list of albums
to get us through the season, it's also essential to have a list of tunes that will take you from sunny days to warm nights. Thanks to percussionist Jon Olazabal, here's one loaded with goodies from Miike Snow, Bob Marley, Skrillex, and more. Check it out and grab DH's new album, Cabin By The Sea, for even more summer-ready tunes.
1. Miike Snow's "Animal [Mark Ronson remix]: This is how a remix should be done. Epic keys and horn section. Such a different feel from the original.
2. Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra-'s "El Duce": Shawn Lee is the man. Awesome instrumentals. You could put on any one of his albums and run it all day. Perfect background beer-drinking music. Always in my rotation.
3. Zac Brown Band's "Chicken Fried": I know, it’s a country song. Deal with it. Zac Brown rips and this song should make anyone want to BBQ an entire farm and drink a whole keg in one sip. Go America!!
4. Bob Marley's "Forever Loving Jah": No summer playlist is complete without at least one Marley song. This one reminds me of freshman year in high school. Uprising was my summer album for years.
5. Skrillex's "Make It Bun Dem": It’s night time now — let’s party.
6. Girl Talk's 'Feed the Animals': I can’t just pick one song off this album. Listen to it and you will understand why. Every song you have ever heard wrapped up into one album. Genius for dance parties, trust me.
Stream Dirty Heads' Cabin By The Sea