Colorado - Index: 1.31: Credited to always be able to a game title from Hawaii, your Buffs are the uncommon Pac-12 team along with 4 non-conference games. follow him upon Twitter @BruceFeldmanCFB and get all involving his content material about Facebook.
3. K-State offers 1 non-conference road game -- from UTSA, that as mentioned above, features a lot more guys to replace when compared with any team within the country. (tie) Washington State - Index: 1.50: The Particular opener can be against a new Portland State squad which has been with the underside or close to it yesteryear couple of seasons in the FCS's Huge Sky. One other three games certainly are a lot easier. the Cougars do go to some bowl game within 2013, but nevertheless haven't finished with a winning record throughout 12 years. He can be a new York times Bestselling author. Then face a new decent FCS team, Lamar, prior to playing Rice, which usually really features gone any more-than-respectable 18-9 days gone by 2 seasons -- along with only Baylor having a much better record for the cause why that stretch among all the Texas-based FBS programs.
Bruce Feldman is a senior university football reporter and columnist for FOXSports.com and FOX Sports 1. (tie) Oklahoma State - Index: 1.33: the Cowboys open on the street at Central Michigan, a new solid MAC team, just before internet hosting an typical FCS program through Central Arkansas. Tech team.
8. Tech, coming off a 9-5 season, is a lot more formidable when compared with NCSU's best opponent. UMass had been 3-9 last season. the opener, though, ain't easy. a caveat: Since some teams play 3 non-conference games and others play four, I assigned the point system to try and set every in context. I position the Pack within the top spot simply because at least Rutgers is actually playing 2 Energy 5 teams. (tie) Baylor - Index: 1.50: When again, the Bears use a sketchy non-conference slate. Auburn - Index: 1.44: Bobby Petrino's Louisville team isn't any cupcake, although the Cardinals do hold the fewest returning starters within the ACC (9) -- just three teams inside FBS possess fewer. Neither NC State nor Mississippi State is actually even playing one. Your lone highway game reaches Army, 12-35 yesteryear four seasons, along with returning simply nine starters.
2. the regular-season finale is against Louisville, which usually as mentioned above, features fewer starters returning as compared to almost all but 3 teams within FBS football.
7. OSU's other non-conference game can be against UTSA as well as former Oklahoma State assistant Larry Coker, whose team merely returns five starters, tied with regard to fewest involving virtually any plan throughout FBS.
1. Mississippi State - Index: 1.25: Dan Mullen's team opens on the road, but it's at a Southern Miss team that's gone 4-32 the past 3 years. N.C. ODU was nonetheless being an FCS program inside 2013; South Alabama was as recently as 2011.
Michael Hickey / Getty Images North America
4. Occasion for you to take a look at which has got the softest non-conference schedules amongst Energy 5 conference teams. Upstart Charlotte has a football program that's merely been in existence for just two seasons and didn't deal with the single FBS plan within its very first two years. Jacksonville State is a great FCS team while San Jose State is arriving off any 3-9 year. One other power 5 team will be Kansas, which may be 11-48 since 2010 as well as only has seven returning starters, fewest amongst any power 5 teams. Your Cougars' other non-conference game is against mediocre Wyoming (13 wins days gone by three seasons).
Updated AUG 3, 2015 in 2:44p ET
Last week's top 10 was about 2015's toughest non-conference schedules within higher education football.
Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
5. 1 month later, they will get a talented FCS team through Eastern Kentucky in which features former UK RB Dy'Shawn Mobley, a 1,500-yard back, as well as former five-star recruit Noah Spence, a pass-rushing stud whom transferred over via Ohio State. The Actual most formidable game is actually against arch-rival CSU, which in turn has been 10-3 last season.
8. Traveling To Washington State can be next. Tech, which will commence UF transfer Jeff Driskel in QB, has won at least eight video games throughout three of yesteryear four seasons.
5. Another a couple of opponents are usually old Dominion along with South Alabama, whom just returns 5 starters -- tied for fewest of any team within FBS. Another a pair of are generally against a new rebuilding Troy plan and also La Tech, that is the particular lone bright spot in a game that serves as the unofficial http://cg-conference.com
Manny Diaz Bowl, pitting MSU's present and also LT's former DC. Kentucky - Index: 1.63: four opponents, each is residence games with regard to starters. Then, Mike Leach's team travels over the nation to deal with any Rutgers team that will went 8-5 throughout 2014. That They open up on the street against an SMU plan which was 1-11 last year. The Particular FCS opponent is a dreadful one: Nicholls State was just 0-12 and will be also 6-40 yesteryear four years. Rutgers - Index: 1.25: The Particular Scarlet Knights have a cupcake opener against browsing FCS Norfolk (11-24 days gone by 3 years). UH is actually 8-29 the past 3 seasons. the system is as such: Teams merit 5 points if I consider they'll end up being Top-5 caliber; 4.5 if it is Leading 15; 4 if they're top 25 caliber; 3.5 is top 40ish; three will be top 60; 2.5 can be Leading 80, 2 is actually top 100; 1 for your bottom associated with FBS; 0.5 is a winning FCS plan along with 0 regarding losing FCS program. three are generally very, really winnable. the Bulldogs' 2nd non-conference opponent can be Northwestern (La.) State, which would add former LSU QB Stephen Rivers but it's been seven years since the actual Demons get had a winning season within FCS. State - Index: 1.25: Right now there was obviously a three-way tie for your softest schedule. For You To separate the Pack and also the Bulldogs, I felt MSU had the tougher deal simply because I consider La. ULL, which has been 9-4 everyone of the past 4 years, arrives in order to Lexington. I furthermore gave a bonus 0.5 if it's actually a road game along with 0.25 if it's truly a neutral site game.
10. (tie) Kansas State - Index: 1.33: Bill Snyder's team opens against Joe Glenn's South Dakota program. FCS Eastern Kentucky is actually the only among the particular 4 opponents to write a winning record last season. Your third game is against the rather capable La. Glenn features won several national titles nevertheless he's stood a brutal run as of this MVC program, likely just 7-28 days gone by 3 seasons. Dave Doeren's team opens against Troy, which usually was 3-9 within 2014 and also this features been 5 years since the particular Trojans possess had a winning season. the final of the non-conference video games is against the additional Petrino's (Paul) team, the particular Idaho Vandals, 5-42 days gone by 4 years.
. His new book, The QB: The Particular making involving Modern Quarterbacks, came in October, 2014