Your floor plays a huge role in how your home looks, feels and functions. From traditional hardwood to modern concrete, you can find the right flooring to suit your lifestyle and budget.
Choosing the perfect flooring for each room in your home can be daunting but with the help the knowledgeable staff at BBK Direct, you can find the perfect solution. Here are some tips for choosing the right floor:
- The look - The first thing you need to consider is the look that appeals to your taste. No matter the vision for your floor, at BBK Direct UK you can find an excellent range of hues and patterns across popular types of flooring materials such as wood, laminate and vinyl. Once you opt for a particular style, you can ask for a sample to help you in your decision making.
- Space - The amount of space in your home will determine the kind of flooring you should go for. You also need to consider the shape and lighting in a room. For darker areas in your home, go for light floors to brighten the space. Light floors also add space to a room. Apart from adding space, mild-toned materials will also add warmth to a room. The good thing is that you can request a sample from BBK-Direct and test them during different parts of the day and see how the lighting will look against the products you wish to buy.
- Materials - The material used for your floor will determine its durability. Different materials also have their own unique looks. Wooden floors are mostly made using oak but you can also find something unusual such as wooden flooring materials made from elm or hickory.
- Color scheme - Your current décor will determine the most suitable color to incorporate in your flooring. If you want an easier time, consider natural colors because they are easily matched with your fixtures and fittings. In addition, natural color on your floor will maintain its good looks even as you change your furniture with the passage of time. You can find the best flooring if you visit www.BBK-Direct.UK.com and ask them to send you samples to help you choose.
- Size of flooring material - At BBK Direct, you can find skinny and wide wooden planks. Smaller and large stone tiles are also available. The size of flooring tiles or planks can provide an illusion, making a small room appear larger. If you are not sure of what to look for, you can speak to a representative from BBK Direct who will help you choose the perfect flooring materials for your home.
- Room usage - You also need to consider what a room is being used for before choosing flooring materials. For instance, a room that has a lot of use will need a floor that can withstand the constant traffic. For your bathroom, you need a non-slip floor to avoid accidents. A stain resistant floor is advisable for your kitchen where foodstuff can leave a lasting mark on your floor.
When you shop at www.BBK-Direct.UK.com, you can shop for products according to pricing. Remember to ask for free samples before you settle for a particular style. Investing in a good floor is important as it sets the tone of your house as well as the décor. Therefore, be sure to choose the floor type that is a true reflection of your personal style.