Life coaching has become the popular approach to improving the lives of workers and ordinary individuals. For a long time, it is used by numerous individuals to correct their problems, to achieve their set goals and also to boost success.
It becomes a popular byword not only in communities, but companies too simply because they believed from the power of coaching to change lives and to obtain the goals they need. At the moment, supervisors and managers no longer criticize their subordinates, but they coach them to motivate them.
What is life coaching?
It is a method wherein professional coaches use clients to deal with specific personal problems, personal projects, transitions, business successes, conditions in life and relationships. It is not the same as mentoring, therapy, consulting and therapy since it focuses on the root cause of the issue.
During coaching sessions, the coach listens, asks questions and reflects what they listen to the testimonies of the clients to formulate methods and techniques which they believed works well in achieving the goals their clients want and also the transformation they want to achieve in their lives. By working with life coaches, individuals can obtain the solutions and outcomes they need. People who seek coaches achieve confidence, greater focus in life, greater amounts of self-esteem and confidence.
Regardless of the numerous benefits it brings to individuals, the particular meaning of life coaching continues to be misconstrued and misconceived by many, thereby causing lots of perplexities and confusion among clients. What are these misconceptions?http://www.usperformancecoaching.com/
Below are the most popular misconceptions about life coaching:
1. Life coaching is a therapy where individuals can rely on it for counseling and psychotherapy. - The truth is, coaching is not therapy, but a means to help individuals achieve their set goals.
2. It may fix problems of people. - It is a misconception because coaching is just a oral appliance a catalyst to help those find methods to their own problems. It's not life coaching itself that solved these problems, but it's the person involved that has the duty to address their actions.
3. It's comparable to mentoring that gives individuals advice. - It is not similar to mentoring because it does not give advice, but raises the awareness of individuals on their own capability and capacity to solve their problems and also to achieve their goals.
4. It does not produce concrete results. Life coaching focuses on raising the awareness of visitors to achieve the results they need. It's the approach to coaching individuals to plan and also to implement actions to achieve their desired objectives.
5. One cannot clearly assess the competency of professional coaches. It's not true because even when coaching profession is still unregulated, one can still assess the competency from the life coach in question. You are able to evaluate its credibility by its experience, background and positive testimonies of previous clients.
6. Successful individuals do not need coaching. Actually, majority of successful people obtain and boost their success rate through life coaching.
These are some of the misconceptions about life coaching.