Combustible gas detectors are ones of the basic safety equipments required should there be combustible gas inside plant site. Auto-ignition temperature and minimize Explosive Limit (LEL) describe the opportunity dangers of combustible gases.
combustible gas detector
Auto-ignition climate is the lowest temperature of which combustible gas could possibly be ignited spontaneously (self-sustained combustion), without worrying about source of ignition. Meanwhile, Lower Explosive Limit or LEL may be the lowest concentration of combustible gas via a flight that will propagate flame when encountered with a source of ignition.
There are 2 types of combustible gas detectors in market. The very first type is electrocatalytic (catalytic bead), and this is referred to passive sort of gas detector. The 2nd type is infrared detector, which utilizes infrared absorption as detecting technology. Oahu is the active type.
CH4 gas detector
Electrocatalytic type is traditionally used in various industries and generally applied as single-point detectors for combustible gases. The operating principle is founded on oxidation reaction of combustible gas and oxygen from the air on the heterogeneous catalytic element. Heat from the reaction heats the platinum coil baked into the catalyst and also this change resistance in the coil. Then, it's measured and monitored.
There's 2 factors that affect the sensitivity of catalytic type gas detectors, i.e. blockage of the flame arrestor by which combustible gas flows through and poisoning in the active bead. Besides, mechanical failure may be possible caused by vibration. Vibration can break the platinum wire.
Great things about electrocatalytic sensors are relatively low unit cost, basic and better accuracy weighed against other detection methods.
Conversely, infrared type detectors detect the presence of any combustible gas according to infrared radiation absorption at the certain wavelengths.
Some key benefits of infrared type have the freedom of maintenance because calibrated from the factory, can be used for single-point and open path devices, might be located at inaccessible location inside the plant site, no chemical poisoning possibility, are not able to safe technology, doesn't need oxygen to measure combustible gas concentration, internal compensation virtually eliminates span drift and appropriate for continuous gas environment.
If you want to choose which combustible gas detectors you should obtain, read the following tips. You'll need a short research before you make any selection. Allow me to share tips.
1. Determine clearly your unique requirements of combustible gas detectors
2. Select multiple or single types. Some gas detectors may also detect other gases rather than only combustible gases, for example sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, ammonia and so on.
3. Confirm the detection range of combustible gases. It implies check its number of Lower Explosive Limit (LEL). The detectors at least should be capable of detecting 10%~15% with the lower LEL. Give this specification more attention, because this will give you more time so that you can take actions when gas leak is detected.
4. Select which type of detecting sensors is acceptable for your needs.
5. Get specifics of battery and sensors lifetime. This is particularly important when you need to replace them.
6. Select which alarms are required to alert gas leakage. Sound or light, or could be both.
7. Have the spare parts price of the detectors, especially the sensors. Do not decide on a gas detector when unit cost of one unit is almost same with sensor's price.
8. Select only detectors that certified by common standards or perhaps the government.
9. Pay for trusted manufacturers only. Search for testimony from others.
We Supply Dual gas detector, Wireless gas monitor, Mobile Gas monitors, Dual gas detector, Fixed gas monitors, Gas monitors, Alarms, Top Quality from China. Fixed Gas Detectors, Portable Gas Detectors, Mobile Gas Detectors, Multi-gas detector/portable gas detector, Wireless gas detector, gas detector, alarm controller, gas analyzer, Dual gas detector, Wireless gas monitor, Mobile Gas monitors, Dual gas detector, Fixed gas monitors, Gas monitors, Alarms, audible and visual alarm, audible alarm, visual alarm, gas detector solution, H2S gas detector, H2 gas detector, CH4 gas detector.
Harbin East Alarm Equipment Development Co., Ltd.
No.119, Fushui Road, Nangang District, Harbin, China (Head office address)
No. 99-3, Nanzhi Road, Nangang District, Harbin, China (Factory address)
Technical Support Team
Phone: 86-13895794515 or 15045111562