As a possible SEO (Search Engine Optimization) expert there are many ways you get engaged together with your client. You, just as one expert in SEO, determine what steps you are going to follow in order to get the targeted websites to rate well in the major search engines like google. The steps typically include:
1. Analyzing your website content
2. Analyzing your competition
3. Analyzing the target keywords
4. Suggesting a on-page SEO strategy
5. Performing backlink building considering the targeted keywords
6. Obtaining the payment for the efforts and time you put in
Whereas all these jobs are very important for your work, the supreme goal still continues to be same that is, making money in lieu of the Off-page optimization you offer. This produces a requirement of correct and fair billing system which helps you to charge for whatever efforts you invested on your clients.
However, not invariably you can bill the clients judging by some tangible items; instead, you have to bill them on hourly basis, i.e. depending on the time spent performing specific work related activities. Also, sometimes you also need to show them how are you organizing your time (probably, your team's time too) taking into consideration the priorities and amount of work and efforts.
This is where the need for a fantastic billing and time tracking software arises with an SEO expert. In the good time tracking and billing system, a search engine optimisation specialist should be able to log his/her time with the activities performed on a regular basis. The frequency of filling time may still depend upon the availability of energy and priority of the performed activities. You might fill the time every day, weekly basis, as well as multiple times in a day. This way you can always keep a record of precisely how much time was spent doing a bit of work such as submitting link for the website.
This information will then be used for the billing the consumer based on the agreed rates for each of your services. A major advantage of using a good time tracking and billing strategy is the transparency between work and client's requirements. You will find multiple other benefits of using a good time tracking and billing system, as the following:
1. It may help you to definitely resolve conflicts with client in regards to a particular task performed. You could make them refer to the agreements and show the progress.
2. It also helps you to smartly distribute the task within your team of people. Using the hours worked on particular activities along with their results, you can find out the competence aspects of people and assign the proper tasks to them.
3. It gives you a holistic view of which activities you might be spending extra time unnecessarily. In case you have a report of what took one of the most of time and if it had not been worth it, you can slow up the time spent in that activity to maximize the value outcome of work and increase the revenue also.