PureVolume

 
Next »
 
 

How Are Dog Tumors Diagnosed?

blog post

Dog tumors are certainly amongst the last things that you would want to find on your beloved pet. However, they are not always a sign of a terrible disease so it is important to keep calm initially and undergo the required medical tests. This is going to reveal whether or not you should be worried. There are various reasons for dog tumors and not all of them are caused by the cancer disease. This however, seems to be the natural reaction to almost every other dog owner out there. However not all tumors are cancerous so don’t worry, just show it to the vet as soon as you can Early detection helps to cure faster.

If you are suspicious about a bump under the skin of your pet and you fear that it may be a dog tumor, you should immediately take your pet to the vet. The veterinarian is then going to take a sample of the particular lump. It’s going to be used in order to come up with diagnose which is going to determine whether you are looking at dog tumors and the nature of the tumor itself. The fact is that skin tumors are rather common and they formulate a major 50% of all of the tumors in dogs. However, the good news is that more than half of those, approximately 60% are benign, and the rest – about 40% are actually malignant. As you can see there is a good chance that the tumor won’t be harmful. Some of the most common types of tumors in dogs include:

•    Nodes in the lymph system
•    Alimentary system tumors
•    Tumors in the organs of reproduction

Nevertheless, it’s important to know that if your dog has a benign tumor you might decide to let it be the way it is. However, make sure that if you undertake this approach you keep an eye on the dog in order to make sure that the tumor doesn’t actually get any bigger. You can also choose to get the tumor removed. This is also a way that has its ups and downs. Of course, you are going to get rid of this lump, which is the greatest benefit. On the other hand though, you might cause your dog some serious damage because of the surgical intervention, especially if we are talking about a tumor in the organs of reproduction.

Malignant tumors in dogs are pretty similar to those in the human system. It is actually possible and preferable that your pet undergoes chemotherapy as a treatment plan. In any case, chemotherapy is only going to prolong the life of the animal but it won’t be able to actually cure the disease. This is why tumors which are in places which are impossible to receive surgical intervention are likely to ultimately cause the death of your pet. For more information visit here: Angel Care Canceer Center

 

Posted Feb 23, 2016 at 9:28pm

0 likes

 

Comments

 
 
1