Hotmail email accounts are the easiest and many hacked email supplier. You should be aware that your Hotmail email account is well hacked. Just recently, 10,000 Hotmail email accounts have been hacked, and all sorts of 10,000 accounts are already publicly listed online with all the name and passwords from the account. According to Microsoft, owners of Hotmail, stated that the causes of the email hacks was due to a phishing scheme. Basically this means that the name and passwords were stolen through an email that allows it to steal passwords. You can prevent your hotmail account from being hacked using these simple steps:
1. Tend not to login your Hotmail account in any public computer or internet café. These computers can be a haven for hackers, because they allow programs to own in the background without you knowing to steal your password strength. Also, most public computers have no anti-virus software at all, so viruses have comfortable access to your computer leaving you in risk to fight.
2. Don't have simple or single word passwords. Passwords which can be simple or have passwords below 11 characters can easily be hacked. This is because they could be brute force hacked by cycling by way of a large dictionary to get involved with your email account. So when creating your password, makes it at least 11 characters long and blend it up with numbers. For example, hu87hs65hna. Make sure you remember it!
3. Avoid using the same password twice. Whenever they somehow do get your password, all of your other accounts, just like your bank account can be hacked sticking with the same password.
4. Passwords should be ideally changed monthly. If someone else somehow gets your, you can stop them in their tracks straight away when you change monthly.
5. Use anti-virus software for example McAfee or Norton's Security to protect yourself from virus. Some virus can capture your password, so these preventions are a good measure.
6. Do not have passwords visible anywhere on your hard drive. If you have your account name and password all in one word file, you might be susceptible for your password to become stolen. Keep it private!